Friday, February 28, 2014

"The Glass Menagerie"

This week in Sweeney's 102 English class we have been reading, watching, and discussing "The Glass Menagerie". I really enjoyed the whole thing. At first, I was totally against the whole thing because I hate to read anyway, especially when it comes to Literature. However, once I sat down to read it, I started to take an interest in it and all the characters within. I could really feel Laura's pain with her whole mom situation because I have an overbearing mother myself. Another thing I love is the discussions we have in class; even if only three people are discussing and everyone else is talking about food. Sweeney challenges me to think about the story in a much less literal way and I feel it is very beneficial.Our discussions unlock all the hidden messages that I have no chance of ever finding if I just read the story myself. The discussions we have had about "The Glass Menagerie" really allowed me to fall in love with the story and be able to truly relate and put myself inside the story with them. I continue to look forward to more of Sweeney's thinking challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment